Hello, Friday! It’s good to see you again. I missed the Check-In (Chicken) last week, so I’m going to practice breathing and re-turning to this practice.
Breathing and turning – and re-turning.
- Breathing, and turning again to this practice of checking in (chickening) on my week.
- Breathing, and turning again to see brilliant colors emerging in the leaves.
- Breathing, and turning my attention inward and downward, following the trail of the leaves, of the sap, of the energy.
- Breathing, and turning toward my roots, towards the past.
- Breathing, and turning, turning, shall be my delight, till by turning, turning I come ’round right.
Onward to chickening….
What worked this week…
- Getting lots of people-time. I’m pretty solidly an extrovert, and I wilt without people-time.
- Asking questions, asking for clarity, and asking for what I needed.
- Breathing, and remembering compassion – with myself and with others.
- Writing! Writing to strategize. Writing with an actual pen-and-paper.
- Going boldly – speaking up, being assertive.
- Warm drinks and reading on the couch.
Next time, I might…
- Continue working to find the place from which I can speak with compassion, firmness and also objectivity.
- As a couple more questions, earlier.
- Be more proactive about communicating with all the parties involved in a planning process.
- Remember to make time for dancing. A weekend without dancing is kind of a tragedy, in my world.
- Mornings. They continue to be really, really hard.
- Contacts! ::blinkblink:: Contacts for astigmatism are strange.
- Watching someone being all tied up in their own privilege and other people’s Stuff. Knowing that there’s only so much I can do to foster understanding.
- Realizing someone was left out of the loop on planning. Ooops! Yikes!
- Having my massage canceled last night.
- Soup with apples and potatoes and cheese. No, really. It sounds weird, but it was amazing.
- Planning a year’s worth of workshops for the Circle Opal and I help lead. YES.
- Seeing Opal’s visions for where we can go and how we can grow – this is a kinda scary good, but a good thing nonetheless!
- Written revelations!
- Beginning the unit on art in Hindu traditions in the class I’m taking. Seeing Shiva Nataraja fills me with happiness, each time.
- Visits with friends! Unexpected tacos make everything so much better.
- Discovering a new band! All the squee! (Ok, the band is not new. But it’s new to me, because I’m slow on the uptake.)
How was your week? What worked or didn’t?